Abdullahi Adamu is a former Governor of Nasarawa state, Lawyer, Engineer, Technocrat, Farmer, consummate politician and a Senator representing Nasarawa West in the National Assembly.
Born July 23, 1946 at Keffi. He is married and has six children. Alhaji Abdullahi Adamu is a lover of sports, especially Football, Lawn Tennis, Squash, Cricket, Hockey and Athletics. He still plays Lawn Tennis and Squash racket. His hobbies include Current Affairs, Farming and Music.
|1.||Pry-school Leaving Certificate||Abdu Zanga Primary School, Keffi||1953|
|Laminga Senior Primary School in||1959.|
|2.||Post-Primary education||Government Secondary School, Makurdi from||1960-1962|
|Government Technical College Bukuru||1962-1965.|
|3.||National Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering||Kaduna Polytechnic||1968|
|4.||Diploma course on maintenance supervisor.||Electricity Corporation of Nigeria||(1967/70)|
|5.||Higher National Diploma||Kaduna Polytechnic||1971|
|6.||pioneer class of the part-time Law degree||University of Jos.||1983 – 1987|
|7.||LLB (Hons)||University of Jos|
|8.||BL||Nigeria Law School, Lagos|
|1.||Northern Nigeria Development Corporation (NNDC) Kaduna||1972|
|2.||Consultant Area Manager||AEK, firm of consultants in the Henry Fajimirokum group of Companies.||1973|
|3.||Project Manager||construction of Durbar Hotel and Murtala Mohammed Square, Kaduna|
|4.||Executive Secretary||BEPCO (Benue/Plateau Construction Company) Benue/Plateau State Government.||1975|
|5.||Chairman||Benue Cement Company, Gboko.|
|6.||Solicitor and Advocate of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.||Nigerian bar||1993|
July 23, 1946
All Progressives Congress (APC).
Member of House of Representatives & Governor
- Pioneer member of the National Movement which later metamorphosed into the National Party of Nigeria (NPN).
- First Secretary of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) 1978
- Chairman of the Party in Plateau State from 1982 – 1983
- Member of the National Executive Committee of the Party.
- Member of the National Constitutional Conference convened by the General Sani Abacha Administration
- Minister of State in the Ministry of Works and Housing of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1995 – 1997
- Chairman of Shelter Afrique 1996
- Nigeria Representative at the United Nations heads of state and government conference, 1997, New York.
- Member of the United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP)
- Chief Steward and Executive Governor of Nasarawa State. 2003
Awards & Honours
- SARKIN YAKIN KEFFI by His Royal Highness, the Emir of Keffi, Alhaji Chindo Yamusa II.
- Honourary Doctorate Degree in Engineering by the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port-Harcourt in March 2003.
- Honourary Doctorate in Engineering by the Federal University of Technology, Akure November 2004,
- Doctorate of Science degree in Public Administration, by the Federal University of Port Harcourt. 2006
- Doctorate degree in Law by the Nnamdi Azikwe University, Awka, Anambra State. 18th March 2006
- Special Merit Award as Distinguished Personality by the Students Union Government, University of Lagos
- National Association of Nigeria Students National Merit Award for contribution to the development of Education in Nigeria
- Award of Excellency by Current Affairs Association of Nigeria
- Distinguished Merit Award of Achievement by South-South Students congress of the College of Arts, Science and Technology, Keffi
- Award of Excellence in Governance by the National Union of Benue State Students
- Makurdi Old Boys Association distinguished award in recognition of leadership qualities
- Award of honour by NTA TV guide fans club, College of Education Akwanga
- Merit Award for the worthy contribution made towards the advancement of the Police Force and safety of lives and properties of the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Aminu Kano International Award for Exemplary Leadership
- Fellowship Award in recognition of meritorious contribution to Education by the Federal College of Education, Pankshin
- Visitor, Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Ahmadu Bello University National Alumni Association Distinguished Merit Award
- Award of the Fellow of the Nigeria Academy of Education (FNAE), 2001
- Honourary Fellowship of the Federal Polytechnic, Offa, 2003
- Chairman, Presidential Committee on the Practice of Citizenship and Constitutional rights in Nigeria, 2001/02
- Chairman, Presidential Committee on Dairy and Fruit Juice development in Nigeria 2004
- Served as Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum (Governor-General) from 1999 to 2004
- Award of Excellence by Nigerian Institute of Physics, 2004.
- Distinguished Award of the National Democratic Youth of Nigeria