Ahmed Hassan Barata is a Nigerian politician, former chairman of the Senate Committee on Culture and Tourism. He represented the Adamawa South Senatorial seat in Adamawa State, Nigeria in April 2011 federal elections under the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) platform.
Born 13th February, 1960,
|1.||HND||State Polytechnic, Yola|
13th February, 1960,
Peoples Democratic Party
Member House of Representative
- Vice -chairman Local Council, 1991
- House of Representatives, 1992-93;
- House of Representatives, for Guyuk/Shelleng Federal Constituency on platform of Peoples Democratic Party 1999;
- Honourable Member : Federal House of Representatives 1999 – 2003
- Honourable Member : Federal House of Representatives 2003 – 2007
- Chairman, House Committee on Services : Federal House of Representatives . 2003 – 2007
Senator for ADAMAWA SOUTH of Senate 2011 – 2015
Awards & Honours
Ahmed Hassan Barata was detained by Saudi authorities after he presented himself as an employee of the Nigerian Embassy.