Peter Ayodele Fayose, The Oshokomole 1 of Yorubaland is a Nigerian politician and the current Governor of Ekiti State. Fayose grew up in Oyo State where he attended The Polytechnic, Ibadan, and received a Higher National Diploma.
He is married to Feyisetan Fayose and they have 5 children(Tomiwa Fayose, Joju Fayose, Nigba Fayose, Rogba Fayose, Boluwatife Fayose)
Olivet Baptist High School, Oyo In 1985.
(HND)programme in Biological Sciences, Applied Medical, Biology by The Polytechnic, Ibadan (1987).
While doing his National Youth Service Corps program at Pepsi Nigeria Limited, Ibadan, he was engaged in installation, maintenance and servicing of medical and laboratory equipment. After the youth service, Fayose traveled out of the country during which he was exposed to a broad spectrum of businesses that guided his life.
15 November 1960
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
Governor of Ekiti State
Fayose became the second governor of Ekiti on 29 May 2003 after defeating the then incumbent Governor Niyi Adebayo in the governorship elections.
Fayose could not complete his tenure as a result of an impeachment on 16 October 2006.
During the 2014 Governorship election in Ekiti State, Peter Ayodele Fayose was again the PDP nominee. He won the election and was declared by the Independent National Electoral Commission as the new Governor of Ekiti State; he was inaugurated on 16 Oct 2014.
- Focused, selfless and Blunt style of leadership.
Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose has directed that ‘80% of the petrol in the 60,000 liters capacity Government House Fuel Dump be taken to two petrol stations in Ado Ekiti, to be sold to the public at the official price of N145 per liter.
Awards & Honours
Silverbird Man of the People Award 2017
- Major Projects: Constructed the New Ekiti Airport.Other Projects: Infrastructural Development programmes: His determination and focus has made him to open Ekiti state for development. He became the infrastructural master planner of Ekiti state, this is why he is been called ‘the architect and father of modern Ekiti state’. Youth empowerment/development programmes: Awards scholarships and bursary to the youth. He conducted one of the most sought-after medical outreach programmes during his political campaign in 2001.
- Fayose is the only person from the main opposition party in Nigeria to have publicly declared his intentions to run for presidency in Nigeria’s general election, 2019. Even though his party, The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has admonished the Governor, against his ambition to be the party’s presidential candidate in 2019.
- Fayose is now the only Nigerian to defeat an incumbent two times.
- Allegation of vote rigging in the 2014 election.
- The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission froze four Zenith Bank accounts used by Fayose to launder money for his Ekiti governorship election in 2014 in a lawsuit no. FHC/CS?871/2016 titled “Federal Republic of Nigeria Vs Zenith bank PLC account numbers 1003126654, 9013074033, 1010170969 and 1013835889.”
- Fayose Accused Aisha Buhari over money laundering to the USA .
- Fayose Allegedly accused of slapping a Judge and ordering thugs to beat him up.