Benedict Murray-Bruce is an Entrepreneur, Politician, Motivational speaker, and Nigerian Senator representing Bayelsa East constituency. He is the Chairman and Founder of Silverbird Group. Also known as the common sense senator, Benedict Murray-Bruce is a role model to Nigerian youths. He is the director of several companies in Nigeria as well as in France, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Born February 18, 1956, in Warri, Delta State. He is married to Evelyn, they have 3 kids – two boys and a girl.
|1.||Primary Education||Our Lady of Apostles, in Yaba, Lagos|
|2||Secondary Education||St Gregory College in Obalende||1952|
|3||Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Business||University of Southern Carolina||1963|
|1.||Promoter||Miss Universe Nigeria Pageant||1983|
|2.||Promoter||Miss Intercontinental Pageant||1985-1994|
|3.||Promoter||Annual Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria Pageant|
|4.||Director General||Nigerian Television Authority||1999-2003|
|5.||Executive Director||Black Music Association of America with Quincy Jones, Dick Griffey, Stevie Wonder|
|6.||Executive Director||Coalition for a Free Africa with the late President Samora Machel of Mozambique and the Rev. Jesse Jackson.|
|7.||Chairman and Chief Executive Officer||Silverbird Group||1980|
Common Sense Senator
Warri, Delta State
People's Democratic Party (PDP)
Bayelsa State Governorship Candidate 2011 – Unsuccessful
Bayelsa East Senatorial District – 2014
Awards & Honours
- Showbiz Icon of the Year Award” (2005)
- Top Ten” Significant Nigerian Businessmen Award” (2006)
- Life Achiever Award” (2006) Champion for Nation Building Award” (2007)
- Excellent Personality Award” (2009)
- Officer of the Order of the Niger” (2014)
Free Multipurpose ultra-modern civic hall.
Scholarship schemes for over 180 students to study at various Universities.
- In June 2016, the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) took over all the assets of several companies belonging to Senator Ben Murray- Bruce. He was said to have borrowed huge sums of money from the Union Bank of Nigeria Plc and had consistently defaulted in his repayment obligations.
- Senator Ben Murray-Bruce has been criticised by a section of Nigerians who believe the senator is comfortable discussing political/socio-economic matters on only social media (Twitter) while keeping mum in the Senate.