Darius Ishaku is the current governor of Taraba State and an architect by profession. Darius Dickson Ishaku was born on July 30 1954 in Taraba state, he is the fifth child out of the family of ten.
Darius Ishaku is happily married to Barr. Anna Darius Ishaku.
|St. Bartholomew’s Primary School, Wusasa, Zaria||First School Leaving Certificate||1961-1967|
|St. Paul’s College Kufena, Zaria||WASSCE||1972|
|School of Basic Studies, Ahmadu Bello University -Zaria||A – level||1972-1974|
|ABU Zaria||Bsc. Architecture||1977|
|ABU Zaria||Msc. Degree In Architecture||1979|
|ABU Zaria||PhD. Architecture||2007 – 2014|
|Inter Design Partnership||Architect||1980|
|Bestarc International Association||Director||1983|
Taraba State, Nigeria
May 5th, 1963
People Democratic Party (PDP)
Minister of State for Niger Delta Affairs
Governor of Taraba State
Ishaku was previously the Minister of State for Niger Delta Affairs before he resigned to contest in the 2015 Taraba State gubernatorial election. Darius won the 2015 election but was in a court battle with his opponent, Senator Aisha Jumai Alhassan who took him to court. After a series of cases Darius was the declared the winner of the governorship election in the state early this year, 2016. He won the initial gubernatorial election and was elected Governor of Taraba State after winning the subsequent re-run election.
Awards & Honours
Build and supervised several projects
- Youth development and various Agricultural initiative.
- Road Construction and bore hole installation.
- Mitosath Clinic (River Blindness Clinic/hospital) Jos, Plateau State.
- Renovation of Hekan Catheral and Primary school Kaduna.
- Design and Supervision of church building in Gubuchi –Ikara, Kaduna State.
- Design and supervision of Hekan Church, Jalingo, Taraba State.
- Albarka Baptist church, Kaduna State.
- Jukun Bible Institute, Wukari, Taraba State.
- Christian Reformed Church of Christ in Nigeria Hospital, Takum, Taraba State.