Philips Tanimu Aduda is the President and founder of Grassroot Associations of Nigeria and International Grassroot Association. He is the senator representing the Federal Capital Territory.
Philips Tanimu Aduda was born on 13th June 1969 into the family of Rt. Rev Tanimu Samari Aduda (the Bishop of Gwagwalada), and Chief (Mrs.) Jummai Tanimu Aduda in Karu, FCT Abuja. He loves making provisions for the distribution of food stuff (grains, rice, goats etc) during festivities (fasting) within his constituency – Muslims and Christians.
|1.||O/A Level Certificate||Government Secondary School, Gwagwalada||1983-1987|
|2.||(IJMB) “A” Level Certificate||Kaduna State Polytechnic||1987-1990|
|3.||Diploma in Works and Social development.||University of Jos||1997 -1999|
|4.||Higher Diploma in Public Administration.||Federal Polytechnic Bida, Abuja Campus||1997 -1999|
|5.||Top Executive Leadership Program.||Manchester Business School, UK.||2007|
|6.||Creating Competitive Business advantage in Globalizing Industries.||McDonough School, Georgetown University Washington DC, USA||2008|
|7.||Public Finance Management: Issues & Solutions.||Crown Agents Training Institute Worthington, United Kingdom||2009|
|1.||Managing Director||Adudas Nigeria Limited||1992- 1995|
|2.||Councilor||Karu Ward, Abuja.||1996|
|3.||Chairman||Committee on Sports, Voluntary Organization and Union Activities, Abuja Municipal Area Council.||1996|
|4.||Supervisory Councilor||Education, Abuja Municipal Area Council||1996|
|5.||Supervisory Councilor||Works, Abuja Municipal Area Council.||1996|
|6.||Deputy Chairman||Abuja Municipal Area Council||1997|
Karu, FCT Abuja
13th June 1969
Peoples Democratic Party
Federal Representative at House of Representatives
Senator representing the Federal Capital Territory
- Contested and won an Election as Councilor representing Karu Ward on Non party basis. (1996)
- Elected Honorable Member, Representing Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) / Bwari Area Council, National Assembly Abuja. (2003- 2007)
- Appointed Chairman House Committee on FCT, House of Representative National Assembly, Abuja. (August 2003)
- Appointed Member Committee on Education, Capital Market Commerce, Housing and Urban Development and Women Affairs, Selection Committee House of Representatives, National Assembly, Abuja. (2003-2007).
- Re-Elected Honorable Member Representing Abuja Municipal Area Council AMAC / Bwari Area Council, National Assembly Abuja. (2008- 2011).
- Appointed Member House Committee on Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Works, Banking and Currency, Legislative Budget, Disaster Preparedness & Management, Agriculture and ADHOC Committee on 1999 Constitution Review House of Representatives, National Assembly Abuja. (2008)
- Elected Senator, representing Federal Capital Territory. ( June 2011)
- Appointed Chairman Senate Committee on Power, Steel Development and Metallurgy, Member Senate Committee on Federal Capital Territory, Member Senate Committee on Trade and Investment, Member National Identity and National Population and Member ADHOC Committee on Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE).
- Re-elected Senator, representing Federal Capital Territory. ( June 2015 till date )
- Appointed the Senate Minority Whip under the Peoples Democratic Party. ( June 2015 till date )
- Appointed Member Senate Committee on Power, Steel, Development and Metallurgy, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Water Resources, Communications, Land Transport, 1999 Constitution Review Committee. (2015 – till date)
- Appointed Vice Chairman Senate Committee on Land Transport (June 2015 – July 2016)
- Appointed Vice Chairman Senate Committee on Downstream Petroleum Sector. (July 2016 till date)
- Appointed a member of the Governing Board with the National Institute of Legislative Studies (NILS), Abuja 2015 – till date
Awards & Honours
- Ambassador for Peace by Universal Peace Foundation on Inter-Religious and International Federation for World Peace.
- Merit Award as the ‘’Best Christian Member in the House the House of Representatives’’ by Fresh Oil International Ministry Nyanya – Abuja. (2003-2006)
- Honored with the Speaker House of Representative Unity / Grassroots Cup Award by Grassroots Sports Development. (26th June 2004)
- Award of Excellence in Community Development by PDP South West Yoruba Forum, Bwari Abuja. (14th October, 2009).
- The FCT Leadership Prize for Politics by FCT Leadership Summit (5th April, 2006)
- Award of Excellence by South- South PDP Abuja Municipal Area Council (AMAC) Chapter.
- Prestigious Award of Distinguished Politician of FCT by Middle – Belt Forum, FCT, Chapter.
- Award of Excellence for Building the Youths for Tomorrow’s Leadership by Brand New Generation Group (BNG) (May 1997).
- Pillars Award for Excellence by University of Jos Alumni, Abuja Chapter.
- People Oriented Honorable Member of the year Award by Abuja Merit Awards 2009 (AMA) (29TH October, 2009)
- Honorary Fellow Award by Strategic Finance and Administrative Institute.
- Political Role Model of Our Time Award by Chamber Social Club Awards, Karu Abuja. 2007/2008.
- Award of Excellence by Search News, (14th May 2009)
- Merit Award by Diocese of Gwagwalada (25th November, 2009)
- Merit Gold Award (The Titan of Liberation 2007) by Community Talk Newspaper and Living Water Foundation.
- Merit Gold Award (The Political Leader of the Year 2008) by Community Talk Newspaper and Living Water Foundation.
- Merit Award by Widows and Less Privilege Empowerment Association, Abuja. (15th August, 2009)
- Pillars of Culture Award by Image Communications and Digest Internationale for Promoting African Culture through Legislature. (26th September, 2003)
- Award of Excellence by Political Writers Association of Nigeria, FCT Chapter as an Exemplary Excellence Legislator, North – Central Zone of Nigeria.
- Award of Excellence by Middle Belt Youth National Body as the Best Performing House of Representative Member in the Middle Belt Region.
- National Award as Member of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR) by President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR). (29TH July, 2010).
- Award of Excellence by Umuawulu Progressive Union on the 6th November, 2011.
- Outstanding Senator of the Year Award by the Queen of the Niger Delta 2012
- Merit Award as an Achiever in Politics and Empowerment by the PDP South west forum AMAC/ FCT. 16th December, 2013
- Award of Excellence by Abuja Archdiocesan Catholic Men Organisation (AACMO). 24th August, 2014
- African Role Model & Outstanding Leadership Award by the African Youth Leadership. 2014
- Father of the fatherless for the African Orphan by Society for Human Rights & Justice Development in Africa. 26th August, 2014
- Award of Excellence (Pillar of Sport) by the Millennium United Sports Club, Abuja. (6th December, 2015)
- Award of Honour Government Secondary School Gwagwalada Old Students Association.
- Award of Honour as an Excellent Leader by the Mothers Union and Women’s Guild of the Cathedral Church of St. Bartholomew Kubwa. 2015
- Ambassador of goodwill and Pillar of Entertainment in Africa by African Heritage Award.
- Father of Love, by the Fathers fellowship, 2016
- 21st Century Icon of Positive Politics and Nation Building by the National Association of Nigeria Female Students (NANFS)
- Patriots in Leadership and Service Award (PILAS) 4th June, 2016
- Bridge Builder Award by St. Peters Catholic Church Jiwa, Abuja. 29th May, 2016
- The Most Amiable and Generous Senator of the 7th Assembly by the Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria (PASAN) NASS Chapter.
- Building of Central Mosque and ECWA Church in Karu, Abuja.
- Building of Central Mosque in Abaji, Abuja.
- Building of Central Mosque in Bwari, Abuja.
- Building of Islamic School in Tungan Maje, Abuja.
- Provision of facilities for the graduation of Islamiyya students in Kubwa, Abuja.
- Building of Islamiyya Institute in Kawu, Abuja.
- Building of Solid Rock Fellowship Church in Kubwa, Abuja.
- Building of Anglican Cathedral in Gwagwalada and Kubwa, Abuja.
- Member of Steering Committee for building of Anglican University.