Prince Uche Secondus is a Nigerian businessman turned politician. An elder statesman, Prince Uche is also the Chairman PDP National Convention 2017. He has being in party politics since his days as the Youth Leader of the Rivers State chapter of the defunct National Party of Nigeria (NPN), during the Second Republic. He is well-versed in party politics in Nigeria.
Born 22nd March 1955, in Adoni local government, Rivers state, Prince Uche Secondus is known as ‘Total Chairman’. He is married to Ene Belema Secondus. The union is blessed with children including daughter Margret Tariah who recently got married to Abel Tariah.
|Elementary and Secondary education in Rivers State|
|Certificate in Commerce – London Chambers of Commerce Institute|
Adoni local government in Rivers state
22nd March 1955
People's Democratic Party
PDP National Chairman
- Pioneer Chairman of the Governing Board of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
- Rivers State Publicity Secretary of the National Republican Convention (NRC), 1993-1998.
- Member of the PDP since 1999.
- Two term Chairman of the Rivers State People’s Democratic Party 2002-2008.
- South-South Coordinator for the PDP National Campaign Council 2007.
- National Organizing Secretary, People’s Democratic Party National Convention 2008 – 2012.
- Deputy National Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party 2013.
- Acting National Chairman, 2015-2016.
- PDP National Chairman 2017 till date.
He believes that leaders should not play to the gallery but should be sincere in their dealings with the people from whom power is derived in the first place.
Awards & Honours
- He was detained by the EFCC in 2016 for “illegally” receiving, on behalf of the PDP, 23 luxury vehicles valued at N310 million from the controversial businessman, Jide Omokore.