Oshiomole aka action governor is the former governor of Edo state and former national chairman of the All Progressive Congress(APC), he started out as the leader of the National Labour Congress (NLC) before venturing into politics. He was born in Iyahmo, Edo state.
Adams Oshiomole was married to Clara Oshiomole before her death; Clara was battling with breast cancer before she died in December 2010. Oshiomole had 5 children with Clara before she died.
In 2015 Oshiomole married Lara Fortes, a Cape Verdean model who he met while she was working as an air hostess for Fly Emirate.
|Iyamoh Primary School||1957 – 1962|
|Blessed Martins Secondary Modern School||1965|
|Rustin College, Oxford, United Kingdom||Bsc. In Economics and Industrial relations|
|National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru.|
|National Union of Textile Garment and Tailoring Workers of Nigeria||General Secretary||1982|
|President||Nigerian Labour Congress||1999|
Edo State, Nigeria
4 April 1952
All Progressive Congress (APC)
In April 2007, Adams Oshiomhole ran for Governor of Edo State under the Action Congress Party, with which his Labour Party had entered a strategic alliance. Oserheimen Osunbor of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) was declared the winner. However, the AC contested the election on the basis of various irregularities. On 20 March 2008, an Edo State election tribunal nullified the election of Oserheimen Osunbor and declared Oshiomhole the winner. On 11 November 2008, a federal Appeal Court sitting in Benin City upheld the ruling of the state’s elections petitions tribunal, declaring Oshiomole to be the Governor of Edo State.
In 2012, he was elected for a second term, winning the elections in a massive landslide. Oshiomole ended his tenure on November 12, 2016.
Strict style of leadership
Awards & Honours
- Best Tailor Award In 1986
- Commander-in-Chief of the Nigeria Labour Congress and Grand Patron of the Union
- Reconstructed six-lane Airport Road and remodelled Imaguero College in Benin City which has 18 blocks of a total of 104 classrooms, a large school hall, a chapel, staff rooms, an ICT centre
- Completed the new Central Hospital in Benin city
- Alliance for Collective Progress called on the Economic and Financial Crime Commission (EFCC) to probe Adams Oshiomole over the Edo hospital project
- Godwin Obaseki calls on EFCC to probe Adams Oshiomole over the N30 billion naira Edo Storm Water Project.