Ahmed Hassan Barata is a Nigerian politician and former chairman of the Senate Committee on Culture and Tourism. He represented the Adamawa South Senatorial seat in Adamawa State, Nigeria in April 2011 federal elections under the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) platform.
Ahmad Hassan is married with four children.
|1.||HND||State Polytechnic, Yola|
Date of Birth:
13th February, 1960,
State Of Origin:
Peoples Democratic Party
Previous Political post:
Member House of Representative
Current Political post:
Special Adviser (Political Affairs) to the Senate President of Nigeria
- Vice -chairman Local Council, 1991
- House of Representatives, 1992-93;
- House of Representatives, for Guyuk/Shelleng Federal Constituency on platform of Peoples Democratic Party 1999;
- Honourable Member : Federal House of Representatives 1999 – 2003
- Honourable Member : Federal House of Representatives 2003 – 2007
- Chairman, House Committee on Services : Federal House of Representatives . 2003 – 2007
Senator for of 2011 – 2015
- Special Adviser (Political Affairs) to the Senate President of Nigeria
Awards & Honours
Ahmed Hassan Barata was detained by Saudi authorities after he presented himself as an employee of the Nigerian Embassy.