Ahmed Ibrahim Lawan is a Nigerian senator who serves as the President of the Senate of Nigeria. He represents the All Progressive Congress in the Yobe North constituency of Yobe State. He is a delightful humanist, seasoned educationist, erudite scholar, pragmatic realist, and a devout Muslim, whose entire life is propelled by the existential zest to celebrate and propagate the advancement of humanity, while simultaneously abhorring and opposing the forces that disparage our collective good as human persons.
Born 12th of January, 1959. Senator Dr. Ahmed Lawan (PhD, CON) is married and blessed with children.
|1.||Primary Education||Sabun Gari Pri,Sch,Gashia||1974|
|3.||Bachelor’s degree||Geography, University of Maiduguri,||1980|
|5.||Postgraduate diploma||Land Survey Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria||1989|
|6.||Master’s degree||Remote sensing; Ahmadu Bello University|
|7.||Doctorate degree||Remote sensing/GIS; Cranfield University, UK|
|1.||Education Officer III||
Borno State Ministry of Education
Assistant Lecturer I
College of Education, Gashua
University of Maiduguri
12th of January, 1959
All Progressives Congress
State House Assembly
- Pioneer Vice Chairman of All Peoples Party (APP), Yobe State Chapter
- Secretary of the Electoral Committee of APP National Convention in Abuja.
- Member of House of Representatives representing Bade/Jakusko for the northern state of Yobe in 1999
- Senator – Yobe North Senatorial District 2007
- member of the National Assembly’s Joint Committee on Constitution Review 2008,
- chairman of the Senate committee on Public Accounts,2009
- Re-elected in Yobe North Senatorial District on the ANPP platform
- Senate Majority Leader
- Member: The 6th Assembly of The Nigerian Senate. 2007- 2011
- Member: Federal House of Representatives 1999 – 2007
- Chairman: House Of Representatives Committee on Agriculture. 2003 – 2005
- Chairman: House Of Representatives Committee On Education. 2005 – 2007
Awards & Honours
National Honours Award of the Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON)
Fellow of the Institute for Government Research and Leadership Technology (2012);
Best Performing Senator in Yobe State in 2009 by Yobe State Students’ Association, University of Abuja Chapter;
Best Senator in 2011 by Baseline Global Ventures; and the
Sardauna Legendary Pillar of Exemplary Leadership Award by Leadership and Role Model Foundation of Nigeria.