Aliyu Bahago Ahman-Pategi (Galadiman Patigi) served as one of the top and quiet law-makers in the Nigerian Federal House of Representatives. He was elected in 2007, on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party to represent the Edu/Moro/Patigi Federal Constituency of Kwara North. He held this position until 2019. He is the Pro-Chancellor of Ahman Pategi University, Patigi, Kwara, Nigeria.
Born on 31st December 1964 to the politically-inclined family of Alhaji Ahman Pategi (Galadiman Patigi), and Hajiya Aisha Nnagi Layi Ahman. Pategi is part of the Nupe community. His father was second in command to Sir Ahmadu Bello and was the Minister of Health and Agriculture during Bello’s administration. He is married with children and his hobbies are golf, cycling and reading.
|1.||Primary school||LSMB central primary school, Patigi;|
|2.||WASC||Government Secondary School Ilorin||1976 -1981|
|4.||BSC International Studies||Ahmadu Bello University Zaria||1982 to 1985|
|5.||MSC Political Economy & Dev Studies||University of Abuja||2000 to 2002.|
|1.||Chief Executive Officer||Platform Nigeria Ltd, Ahman Patigi Farms|
|3.||Branch Chairman||Kwara State Red Cross Society.|
31st December, 1964
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Federal House of Representatives Member, representing Edu/Moro/Patigi Federal Constituency (2007-2019)
In 2007, Pategi was elected into the Federal House of Representatives, on the platform of People’s Democratic Party, to represent the Edu/Moro/Patigi Federal Constituency of Kwara North. He was elected into this seat in the 2011 and 2015 general elections. However, in 2015, he ran on the platform of the All Progressives Congress. Pategi served as a two-time Chairman of the House Committee on Water Resources, and also the Chairman of the Legislative Budget Research.
Awards & Honours
- 2017 Honorary Doctorate in Public Administration by Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- 2008 Prestigious Mayor’s Proclamation and Key of the City of Moses Lake, State of Washington, USA
- 2008 Award of the Nigeria Union of Local Government Employees
- Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration of Nigeria (2007)
- Provision of boreholes and pilot rural electrification in communities in his constituency
- Facilitated the delivery and installation of computers in schools
- Partnership with NAPEP (National Poverty Eradication Programme) to launch a micro-credit scheme, in order to improve the economic wellbeing of rural women, youths and to alleviate poverty in the Edu/Moro/Patigi Federal Constituency
- Establishment of the Ahman Pategi University, in Patigi, Kwara State
- Facilitated a motion to complete the Sachi-Nupeko road; the link between River Benue and River Niger