Babajide Christopher Omoworare CON was a Nigerian senator who represented Osun East (Ife/Ijesa) Senatorial District of Nigeria. He became a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria in 1990. He was trained by DFID,USAID, British Council and Westminster Foundation for Democracy, USA National Centre for State Courts, United States National Democratic Institute (NDI); and Campaigns and Elections.
He was a Delegate of the Mississippi Consortium for International Development, observed the USA 2004 Presidential Elections as well as the UK 2006 and 2010 Local Government Elections. He is an alumnus of the USA’s State Department International Visitors Leadership Program.
Born 31st October, 1968 in Ilesa. He hails from Ile-Ife, State of Osun, Nigeria. He is married with children.
|1.||Bachelor of Laws (LL.B)||
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
|2.||Masters in Law (LL.M)||
University of Lagos
|2014 – 2014|
Babalakin & Co.
|1991 – 1998|
31 October 1968
All Progressives Congress (APC)
- Member of the Lagos State House of Assembly representing Ifako-Ijaiye State Constituency 1 between 1999 – 2007.
- Vice-Chairman of the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Intergovernmental Affairs.
- Senator for the Osun East constituency of Osun State, Nigeria in the April 2011.
- Re-elected into the Nigerian senate 2015 under the platform of All Progressive Congress.
Awards & Honours
- Associate of the Institute of Chartered Mediators & Conciliators.A Fellow of the Society of Construction Industry Arbitrators.Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Member of the Nigeria Bar Association. Member of the International Bar Association.Member of Commonwealth Parliamentary Association. Member of the Senate committees – Rules and Business, Judiciary, Petroleum (Upstream), Health and Sports.Member, Patron and Proprietor of numerous Church societies, sport clubs, charity organizations and community development associations.
- He played an active role in the creation of Local Governments in Lagos State (1999-2003). As a Lagos Parliamentarian, he influenced so many developmental projects within his constituency including but not limited to a General Hospital, rehabilitation of over 20 (twenty) roads, a Sports Gymnasium, provision of several electricity transformers, street lights and traffic lights, rehabilitation of Ibari Water Works, reconstruction of Yaya Abatan bridge etc.He renovated schools, gave scholarships, sponsored job clinics, initiated coordination of trade associations into cooperative societies etc.