Barr Otobong Effiong Bob is the youngest lawmaker in Nigeria, and he is currently representing Nsit-Ubium State Constituency in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly.
He was born on 18th August, 1992 and h e hails from Ikot Ekwere, Nsit-Ubium LGA, Akwa Ibom State. He was born into the family of Effiong Dickson Bob, a former Nigerian Senator who represented Akwa Ibom North-East Senatorial District between 2003 and 2011.
|Name Of School||Qualification||Year|
|Columbia Law School, New York, United States||Certificate of Participation in Joint Columbia Law School and Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Course on International Arbitration||2015|
|University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom.||Master of Laws|
|Nigerian Law School||BL (Bachelor of Laws)||2013|
|University of Buckingham, United Kingdom||LLB.||2011|
|Brooke House College, United Kingdom||Advanced Level Certificate||2008-2010|
|Greensprings School, Lagos State||West African Senior School Certificate
Cambridge International General Certificate of Secondary School (IGCSE)
|Jephthah Secondary School, Port Harcourt, Rivers State||2003|
|Mobil Pegasus Primary School, Eket, Akwa Ibom State||First School Leaving Certificate||1997|
|Alex Izinyon, SAN and Co., Abuja, Nigeria||2014 & 2018|
|Obla SAN & Co., Abuja,Nigeria||2014|
Awa Iman, Onna LGA, Akwa
18th August 1992
Akwa Ibom State
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
House of Representative Member, Nsit-Ubium Local Government Area, Akwa Ibom State (since 2019)
On 5th October 2018, following his return to Nigeria for the mandatory one-year National Youth Service Corps programme, and while practising law at Alex Izinyon, SAN and Co., Otobong was nominated by the Peoples Democratic Party in the Nsit-Ubium LGA of Akwa Ibom, to represent the constituency in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly. Out of a total of 128 accredited delegates, he sustained 127 votes.
He embarked on an intensive campaign that took him to all the 88 political units of Nsit Ubium local government area. On March 9th, 2019, he was elected by the natives of Nsit Ubium as their representative in the 7th Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly – making him the youngest elected member of any House of Assembly in Nigeria. He was presented with the Certificate of Return by the State Resident Electoral Commissioner on March 28th, 2019.
Honourable Otobong Effiong Bob was inaugurated a member of the 7th Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly on 10th June, 2019. He serves as the Chairman of the House Committee on Rules, Business, Ethics and Privileges, and the Deputy Chairman of the House Committee on Niger Delta Development Commission.
Awards & Honours
Patron of Nsit Ubium All Stars (2021)
- Renovation of two classroom blocks at Ubium Community Secondary School, Ikot Okwot
- Renovation of six classroom blocks at St. Fabian Primary School, Ndukpoise
- Opening of constituency office at Ikot Edibon
- Inauguration of an emergency COVID-19 management response team to educate the Nsit-Ubium constituency on preventive measures, and to distribute nose masks and palliatives.
- Sponsored a bill to establish Akwa Ibom State Security Trust Fund, aimed at fostering effective public-private partnership for crime containment and eradication in order to make Akwa Ibom safer.
- Sponsored a bill to establish the Akwa Ibom State Office of the Public Defender, for the purpose of providing legal aid services to vulnerable people in the society, investigating complaints, negotiating settlements, giving legal advice, etc.