Beni Lar is a Legal practitioner, Nigerian politician, a member of the House of Representatives representing Langtang North/South Plateau State, Nigeria. She hails from Langtang North LGA in Plateau State. She is the eldest daughter of Solomon Lar, a former Governor of Plateau State and Prof. Mary Lar.
She led a group of protesters to show solidarity with the Nigerian military in its efforts to rescue the victims of the Chibok schoolgirls kidnapping.
Born 8 December 1967
|1.||Secondary education||Baptist High School||1981|
|2.||SSCE||Federal Govt. College||1983|
|3.||LLB||University Of Jos||1991|
|4.||Nigerian Law School||1992|
|1.||Legal Practitioner||Private Firm||1983 – 1985.|
8 December 1967
Peoples Democratic Party
- Member of the Pan-African Parliament.
- Two-Term Honourable Member of Federal House of Representative. 2011.
- Special Assistant to the President on Women Affairs.
- Chairman of the House of Representatives’ Committee on Human Rights.
- Committee Member at Millennium Development Goals Committee 2015.
- Chairman at Science & Technology Committee 2015.
- Federal Representative at House of Representatives 2011.
- Committee Member at Science & Technology Committee 2015.
- Chairman at Human Rights Committee 2015.
- Committee Member at Police Affairs Committee 2015.
- Committee Member at Rules & Business Committee 2015.
- Committee Member at Women Affairs & Social Development Committee 2015.
- Committee Member at Works Committee 2015.
- Committee Member at Population Committee 2015.
- Federal Representative at House of Representatives 2007.
- She will be contesting to retain her current position as the member representing Langtang North/South constituency in the 2023 election.
Awards & Honours
- Best behaved in Federal Government College, Jos.