Binta Masi Garba is a philanthropist, businesswoman, administrator, lawmaker, and a Nigeria senator representing Adamawa north senatorial district. She is also known as Iron Lady, Lady B and BMG. She was elected as the first Vice President of Commonwealth Women Parliamentarians (CWP) under Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) in Cameroon. She was the only female Senator-Elect in all the 19 Northern States of Nigeria in 2015 elections. She was also, the only female delegate from Adamawa State to the National Conference in Abuja. She holds two Diplomas in Theology from the Bible School of Church Growth and Practical Ministry, and Matthew Owujaye’s Ministry, Kaduna. She is a recipient of an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Theology from Smith Christian University, Miami, Florida.
She advocates for women rights and has been a voice for millions of voiceless Nigerian women and the oppressed.
Binta is the second child of her parents, and was named Masi according to Higgi traditional naming convention. She was born on 17 April 1967 in Kaduna Army Barracks.
|1.||Primary Education||Army Children School, New Cantonment D, Hayin Banki, Kaduna.||1975 – 1981|
|2.||Secondary School Education (GCE/WAEC ‘O’ Level)||Government Day School, Kurmin Mashi, Kaduna South, Kaduna||1981 – 1987|
|2.||Ordinary National Diploma||Kaduna Polytechnic (Marketing)||1990|
|3.||Higher National Diploma||Kaduna Polytechnic (Marketing)||1997|
|4.||Harvard Kennedy School of Government – Harvard University (Public Financial Management).||2004|
|1.||Advert officer||New Nigeria Newspapers||1998|
Kaduna Army Barracks
17 April 1967
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Chairman of the Adamawa State Chapter of APC
- Legislator representing Kaduna South 1999.
- Member, Federal House Of Representative 1999-2011.
- House of Representatives in Madagali/Michika Federal Constituency under PDP. 2007 to 2011.
- Woman leader of the PDP.
- Chairman of the Adamawa State Chapter of APC.
- Chairman at Tertiary Institutions & TETFUND Committee (Senate) 2015 – 2019.
- Senator of Adamawa North Senatorial District of Adamawa State 2015 – 2019.
Awards & Honours
- Jaycees International Young Person Role Model Award 2002.
- PRS – The Women of Merit Gold Award.
- Prime International – Women in Leadership Merit Award May 2002.
- Association of Market Women and Men, Abuja Role Model Award Sept 2002.
- Dame Publication – Nigerian Women Award (Role Model) 2002.
- National Women Mobilization Committee Award – our Jewel (NAWOMCO).
- Leadership Distinction Award (Most Distinguished Representatives).
- Valuable Contribution to Development of Parliamentary Democracy in Nigeria Award.
- NCWS; Meritorious Award – 2016
- Northern Youth Advocacy for Peace & Development.
- WAELE/ARCELFA Pride of African Woman Award – 2016.
- National Lyrics & Singers Union Merit Award.
- Christian Association of Nigeria Youth Wing – 2016.
- Leadership Legislative Award (LLA) Senator of the year Adamawa State – 2016.
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology – Yola Award of Excellence – 2016.
- Northeast Star Magazine Media Merit Award Best Female Politician of the Year – 2017.
- Sheroes Foundation Outstanding leadership Award – 2017.
- Association of Female Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria Award in recognition of selfless Service to Humanity – 2017.
Appointment for about 200 youths.
Ongoing N800 million Federal Government embankment project on River Yedzaram.
She was stoned in Mubi by angry youths