Brigidi David Cobbina LLB, BL, was an elected Senator for the Bayelsa Central constituency of Bayelsa State, Nigeria under the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) platform. He was a lawyer by profession with experience in the Energy sector. Brigidi David Cobbina is a serial entrepreneur and has several successful businesses to his name. He Founded the Karela Group of Companies with an interest in Energy, Power, Investment Banking and Offshore Oil Services.
David Cobbina was born September 16, 1962, in Kainyanbiri Southern Ijaw local government, Bayelsa state. He was married to Abena Brigidi. He loves music and travelling. On 30 September 2018, David Brigidi passed away due to a short illness in the UK. He died at the age of 56.
Beyin Methodist School, Western Region, Ghana
|2.||Senior School Certificate.||Huni-Valley Secondary School, Huni-Valley, Ghana|
|3||Bachelor’s degree||River State University of Science and Technology;|
|1.||Admin.||Private Ugal Practice|
|2.||Sec/Legal Adviser||Defunct Social Democratic Party Rivers State|
- Senator for the Bayelsa Central constituency of Bayelsa State, Nigeria 1999 – 2007.
- Chairman of the senate committee on Petroleum.
- Member of Public Accounts committees.
- Member of Environment, Establishment, Labour, Federal Character, Social Development & Sports, Economic Affairs and INEC committees.
- Chairman of the Presidential Peace and Conflict Resolution Committee.
- Member of the board of the governing council of University of Ibadan.
- Senate Committee on Petroleum, 1999-2003.
- Senate Committee on Independent National Electoral Commission.