David Umaru was a Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria representing Niger East Senatorial District of Nasarawa State, Nigeria
Born July 26, 1959 in Shiroro LGA of Niger state. He is married to Tabitha and their Marriage is blessed with four children. His hobbies include reading, music, traveling and biking. He is fluent in several languages including English, French, Hausa, and his mother tongue, Gbagyi. He plays the Saxophone and Flute. He loves traditional music, classical music and jazz.
|1.||Primary education||Methodist Primary School Zaria|
|2.||Secondary Education||St. Paul’s College Zaria|
|3.||IJMB||Bayero University Kano|
|4.||First degree (LLB) in Law||ABU Zaria||1980|
|5.||BL||Nigerian Law School, Lagos||1981|
|6.||International Law||International Law Institute Washington DC.|
|1.||National youth service scheme in||1982|
|2.||Higher Registrar||Niger State High Court of Justice, Minna.|
|3.||Principal||Cosmic Chambers, Abuja, Minna, Lagos, Kaduna and Bauchi.||1984|
|4.||Solicitor||Sani Mohammed Kuso & Co (Dendo Chambers), Kaduna & Minna.|
|5.||Solicitor||Summit Chambers, Minna.|
Shiroro LGA of Niger state.
July 26, 1959
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Members of the Senate of Nigeria
- Chairman at Judiciary, Human Rights and Legal Matters Committee 2015
- Senator 2015
- Chairman, Niger State Election Petition Tribunal, Bida 1986/87.
- Member, Presidential Committee on the Commercialization of Nigerian Ports Authority, Lagos, 1988/89.
- Senator – Niger-East District in the 7th National Assembly 2014.
- Senator representing Niger East Senatorial District in the 8th National Assembly.
- Member of the Senate Committees: Petroleum Upstream; Public Accounts; Culture and Tourism; Rules and Business and Airforce.
Awards & Honours
- Fellow, Institute of Management Consultants (FIMC).
- Fellow, Institute of Empowerment and Strategy.
- Honorary Doctor of Divinity by the ECWA Theological and Seminary Jos, Plateau State on the 5th of December 2015.
- Kwame Nkrumah Exemplary Leadership Award bestowed by the West African Student Union Parliament (WASUP).
- Award of Excellence by Students’ Solidarity Movement for Good Governance – North Central Zone in February 2011.
- Merit Award by National Association of Gbagyi Students.