Dino Melaye is one of Nigeria’s most controversial politicians, he was a member of the 8th National Assembly, representing Kogi West. Prior to this, he was a member house of representatives for Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu people, He is known for his lavish lifestyle and music. He was the Chairman of the Senate Committee on FCT.
Although an indigene of Kogi state, Dino Melaye was born 1st of January 1974 in Kano, Nigeria. He has been married twice with both marriages ending in divorce due to allegations of domestic violence. He has 4 children from both marriages.
|Name Of School||Degree||Year|
|Gandun Nassarawa Primary School Kano||Primary Education|
|Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria||B.A Geography|
|Name Of Company||Position||Year|
|Ahmadu Bello University.||Student union leader|
|African Youth Council Commonwealth Youth Council||Secretary General|
January 1, 1974
People's Democratic Party
Member of House of Representative Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu people
Dino Melaye was elected member of the House of Representatives, to represent Kabba/Bunu/Ijumu Federal Constituency in the 2011 general elections. On April 28, 2015, he contested and won the election as senator representing Kogi West Federal Constituency under the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) platform. He was inaugurated as a member of the Senate on June 9, 2015.
- Flamboyant Style of Leadership
- Dino Melaye political career has been filled with scandals and accusations. Dino’s years so far in the Senate has been described as “a total failure and poor representation to the people of Kogi West”.
Awards & Honours
African Parliamentarian Of The Year 2009 in United States Of America.
Best Honourable Representative of the Year by Global Youth Awareness and Development Initiative,
Protector of the Youth P.D.P National Youth Vanguard,
Epitome of Servant by National Association of Kogi State Students,
Youth Libra for Award by the Visioners Club of Kogi State,
The Great Motivator of Students by Nigerian Economic Student Association,
Icon of Good Leadership by Kogi Peoples Forum, 2008
Diplomatic Member of the year by St. Monica’s College Kabba the most performed National Legislator by Vision 2020 Youth Group.
Most vibrant Honourable member, Abuja merit Awards African Parliamentarian of the year 2005 in U.S.A
Constructed blocks of classrooms in his constituency.
Constructed Geba Bridge
- Dino Melaye $1,000 New York-based Schweiger Dermatology dodged questions that he operates these bank accounts, despite evidence provided including transaction dates, bank statements, card numbers, and location of the transactions. He has openly bragged on national TV that he’ll one day rule the most populous black nation.
- Melaye was involved in various certificate scandals in 2017 including his claim to have obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Geography from Ahmadu Bello University and a degree from the prestigious Boston-based Ivy League Harvard University in the United States. He was cleared by the Vice-Chancellor of Ahmadu Bello University who appeared before the Senate Committee to confirm that Senator Dino Melaye graduated from the school, although under a different name.
- Dino Melaye had threatened to beat up Senator Oluremi Tinubu and ‘impregnate’ her on the floor of the Senate