Haruna Manu is the current Deputy Governor of Taraba State, on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party. He is a former House of Representatives member, who represented the Bali/Gassol Federal Constituency between 2011 and 2015. He is an engineer by profession.
He was born on 23rd August 1973, to the family of Hajiya Hauwau and Alhaji Manu Uma in Mutum-Biyu, Gassol Local Government Area of Taraba State. He is married with children
|Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania, USA||Master’s Degree in Electronic Commerce|
|Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Kaduna State||B.Sc Business Administration (Specialisation in Finance)|
|MTN Nigeria Communications Limited|
|Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas [NLNGI]|
Mutum-Biyu, Gassol LGA, Taraba State
23rd August 1973
People Democratic Party (PDP)
House of Representatives member, representing Bali/Gassol Federal Constituency (2011-2015)
Deputy Governor, Taraba State (since 2015)
Haruna began his political journey in 2010 when he joined the People’s Democratic Party. He contested for the Bali/Gassol Federal Constituency seat of the National Assembly and emerged the winner. He worked in this capacity between 2011 and 2015. During this time, he served as the Deputy Chairman of, the House Committee on Banking & Currency.
He was the running mate of Darius Dickson Ishaku during the 2015 and 2019 Taraba gubernatorial elections. The duo won both elections. He will be retiring from his current position as the Deputy Governor of Taraba State in the upcoming 2023 election.
Awards & Honours
During his tenure in the National Assembly, he moved some notable and successful motions:
- A motion on the Reconstruction of the collapsed Dobeli Bridge in Taraba State
- A motion on the Urgent Need to connect Taraba Central to the National Grid
- A motion on the Need to examine the implementation of the Subsidy Reinvestment and Empowerment Programme[SURE-P].
- A Bill for the amendment of Fiscal Responsibility Act
- A Motion on the Urgent Need to verify and ascertain the Volume and value of Crude Oil Sales by the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation [NNPC] from January 2013 to date.