Honourable (Barrister) Evelyn Omavowan Oboro is a member of the House of Representatives, who represented Okpe, Sapele and Uvwie constituency of Delta State in the 7th and 8th National Assembly. She was elected on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party. She is the first Urhobo Female Parliamentarian and her legislative interests focus on constituency projects, human capital development and making people-oriented laws. She aims to take young people and women off the streets by assisting them to earn a living through skill acquisition and her constituency empowerment programmes.
She was born on December 24th, 1971 Evelyn Omavowan Oboro hails from UVWIE LGA in Delta State. She is a philanthropist and runs an NGO named Evelyn Oboro Foundation to empower women, youths, the elderly and children. Some of her empowerment programmes can be viewed via her youtube handle. Hon. Evelyn is happily married and blessed with children.
|1.||Pry-School Leaving Certificate||Alegbo Secondary School Effurun Delta State||1988|
|2.||NCE (National Certificate in Education).||College of Education Warri|
|3.||Bachelor’s Degree B.Sc.,Ed (Double Honours, Second Class Upper) Business Administration and Education||Delta State University||1997.|
|4.||Master’s Degree in Public Administration||Delta State University in||2002|
|5.||Degree in Law, LLB||Delta State University||2009|
|7.||Master’s degree in law|
|1.||General Manager,||Funstai Eng’s Co Ltd|
|2.||Economic Adviser to The Deputy||Deputy President Of Senate Chairman National Lottery Trust Fund (Presidency)|
|3.||Chairman House of Reps||Committee On Ethnic Progress|
|4.||Chief Executive Officer||Tovic & P Nig. Ltd|
December 24th, 1971
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
House Of Representative
- Chairman House Committee on Women in Parliament of the House of Representatives, of National Assembly Nigeria.
- Member of Committee on Niger Delta Development.
- Member of Committee on Petroleum Upstream.
- Member of Committee on Banking and Currency.
- Member of Committee on Federal Judiciary.
- Member of Committee on Climate Change.
- Member of Committee on Local Content Development.
- Member of Committee on Gas Resources.
- Member of Committee on Poverty Alleviation.
- Member of Committee on Airforce.
- Appointed First Member Delta State Waste Management Board 2010.
- Appointed First Member State Universal Basic Education Board, Delta State 2008 – 2009.
- Elected Local Government Council Chairman under the platform of PDP from 2004 – 2007.
- Elected as a Councillor under the platform of PDP in Delta State 1999 – 2002.
- Financial Director, Student Union Government, Delta State University 1996.
- Elected First Female Vice President Student Union Government, College of Education Warri in Delta State. 1990 – 1991.
- Executive Chairman, Uvwie Local Govt. Delta State.
- Member, Waste Management Board.
- Member, UBEC Delta State.
- Special Assistant, Office of Governor, Delta State in 2003.
Awards & Honours
- Best Local Government Chairman 2007.
- 1st Urhobo Female Parliamentarian by Urhobo Youth Vanguard.