Michael Ama Nnachi is the current Senator representing Ebonyi South Senatorial District, on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party.
He was born on 6th August 1964, in Ebonyi State.
|Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu State||M.Sc Environmental Management||2000|
|Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu State||B.Sc Quantity Surveying||1997|
|Government College, Afikpo, Ebonyi State||Secondary School Certificate|
6th August, 1964
People’s Democratic Party
Senator, representing Ebonyi South Senatorial District (since 2019)
In 2019, Nnachi contested for a seat in the Nigerian Senate, on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party. He polled 103,751 votes to defeat Mr Onu Nweze of the APC, who polled 19,663 votes. Thus, he emerged as the Senator representing Ebonyi South Senatorial District in the 9th National Assembly. He was appointed the Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on Poverty Alleviation and Social Investment Program, and the Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on Air Force.
Awards & Honours
- Fellow, Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors
- Fellow, Corporate Administration of Nigeria
- Zenith Achievers International Merit Award
- African International Merit Award
- Best Youth Corper Award 1998/89, Gongola State
- Donated ₦5 million to the Ebonyi State COVID-19 Support Fund and shared palliatives worth millions to Naira to his senatorial zone
- Construction of skills acquisition and vocational training centres
- Installation of solar power street lights across local governments in Ebonyi South
- Built a 1000-capacity bed hospital
- Construction and Reconstruction of Secondary Schools blocks in his constituency
- Provision of solar-powered boreholes in rural communities
- Construction of civic centre in Amasiri Afikpo North
- Rural electrification project through provision of 500 KVA transformers in Onicha, Ivo and Edda areas of Ebonyi South