Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya is a Nigerian businessman and politician born in Jekadafari, Gombe to the family of Alhaji Yahaya Umaru an accomplished businessman. He is currently the Executive Governor of Gombe State.
Mohammad Yahaya is married with two wives, Hajiya Asma’u Inuwa Yahaya and Hajiya Amina Inuwa Yahaya . He is blessed with seven children.
|Central Primary School, Gombe||Primary Education||1968|
|Government Science Secondary Gombe||Secondary Education||1974 – 1979|
|Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria||BSc||1983|
|Name of company||Position||Year|
|Bauchi State Investment and Property Development||Principal Accountant||1984|
|A.Y.U Civil Engineering Company Ltd||Managing director||1993 – 1999|
|Nasara Motors Limited||Administration and Finance Manager|
|Nasara Group of companies.||Administration and Finance Manager|
|Premium Pension Ltd||Chairman and chief executive|
Jekadafari, Gombe Gombe State
October 1961 (age 60)
All Progressive Congress (APC)
Muhammad Inuwa Yahaya joined politics in 2003 when Governor Danjuma Goje appointed him as the Commissioner for Finance and Economic Development. He remained in this position for seven years. He later went on to become a founding member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the party’s governorship candidate for the 2015 and 2019 governorship elections in Gombe state. In the 2015 election, he lost to Ibrahim Dankwambo of the Peoples Democratic Party. In 2019, Muhammed Inuwa Yahaya won the governorship election beating his opponent Senator Bayero Nafada of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
He will be contesting to retain his current position as the governor of Gombe State in the 2023 election
Awards & Honours
- Leadership Governor of the Year 2021
- 2021 Personality of the Year under the governor’s category
- 25km Billiri-Gujba road, the 15km Sabonlayi-Ayaba road, the 15km Ladongor-Fubawure road, the 17km Kumo-Kalshingi road, the 10km Kutare- Mona road, the 10km Kundulum-Mallam Inna- Kurba road and the16km Marraraban-Jarkwami- Daniya roads as well as the Industrial Cluster road networks. The Dukku-Kalam-Dokoro, Dukku-Jamari, Bambam-Tula-Yiri, Kwanar-Rugaji- Kuka-Bakwai-Galgaldu and Bajoga township roads.
- Renovated over 340 classroom blocks and equipped with modern teaching and learning materials
- 114 Primary Healthcare Centres, PHCs, across 114 wards in the state
- Completed the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project/ World Bank, NEWMAP/WB, erosion control project for N2.9 billion
- The provision of ultra-modern solar-powered street lights on all roads – both double and single lanes – covers over 114km of roads.
- Renovated and upgraded hospitals in Bajoga, Kaltungo and Kuri.
- A new N1.8 billion General Hospital in Kumo.
- Inuwa Yahaya accused a former governor of the state and serving senator, Danjuma Goje, of causing mayhem in the state. The governor’s loyalists and those of the senator clashed which led to the death of five persons. The senator also accused the governor of being behind the attack.
- A coalition of interns working with the Gombe State Government has sent a Save-our-Soul message to Governor Muhammadu Yahaya over unpaid allowances running into several months.
- The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has urged the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja to disqualify Gov. Mohammed Inuwa Yahaya and his Deputy, Jatau Manassah Daniel from contesting and participating in the 2023 Governorship Election in Gombe State for submitting forged certificates.