Ovie Omo-Agege is a Nigerian politician and lawyer. He is currently serving as the senator representing Delta Central senatorial district. He was born into the Family of Justice James Omo-Agege of Orogun in Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State and Mrs Francesca Okwendo of the Wanogho Royal Family, also of Orogun. His father was a one time Chief Justice of Delta State. Omo-Agege is the first senator from Delta State to emerge as Deputy Senate President, and also the first Delta Central senator to be written by Perry. He is the gubernatorial candidate for the All Progressives Congress(APC) for the 2023 election.
Omo-Agege is married to Rosemary Omo-Agege. The couple has five children together.
St. George Grammar school,
|LLB||University of Benin||1985|
|Master’s degree||Tulane University Law School||2002|
|Name of company||Position||Year|
|Pat Okupa & Co||Lawyer||1987|
|Agege & Co||Lawyer||1989|
|Charles O Agege’s||Foreign associate||1990|
|Omo-Agege & Associates||Senior partner||1992|
|Agege & Esin||Co-partner||1996|
Orogun, Ughelli North Local government area
3 August 1963
All Progressives Congress (APC)
Omo-Agege started out his carrer in politics when he contested to be a representative at the Delta State House of Representatives under Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). He lost the ticket in the party primaries. In 2003, the former governor of Delta State, James Ibori, appointed him as an executive assistant for two years. He was later appointed as a commissioner for special duties by the governor. He ran for the office of the Governor of Delta State but lost to Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan. He was appointed as the Secretary to State Government of Delta State by Governor James Ibori in 2007. He ran for Senate in 2015 under the platform of the Labour Party. He was elected as a senator representing Delta’s central senatorial district on 28 March 2015. In 2019, he was re-elected as the senator representing Delta Central. He will be resigning from his position as the senator representing the Delta Central Senatorial District to contest for the Delta 2023 gubernatorial election under the banner of the All Progressives Congress(APC).
Awards & Honours
Omo-Agege was conferred with numerous traditional titles including the Ugo of Mosogar, Obarisi of Ughelli, and Obarisi of Orogun, among others.
- Constructed a Primary Health Care Center in Omavovwe-Agharha community in Ughelli North local government area
- The construction of ten thousand gallons, solar-powered water supply schemes at Oghareki-Oghara in Ethiope West, Ugborikoko market in Uvwie and another at Ughelli main Market, Ughelli.
- The establishment of modern educational projects across Delta State, such as the construction of an ultramodern ICT Center and provision of ICT equipment to Ovwian Secondary School, in Udu local government area.
- Design and construction of two blocks of three classrooms with toilet facility at Ugono Primary School, Orogun
- Sponsoring and passage of the Federal Polytechnic Orogun Establishment Bill in February 2021
- The installation of solar-powered street lights in communities such as Ugono, Urede, Erovie and Egbo Quarters in Ughelli north
Ovie Omo-Agege, was accused of leading thugs to invade the Nigerian Senate Chambers in 2018. The thugs made away with the Senate Mace