Oluremi Tinubu is the former first Lady of Lagos State, who is currently serving as a Senator representing the Lagos Central Senatorial district of Lagos State. She is a member of the All Progressives Congress. She is happily married to Bola Ahmed Tinubu who was a two term governor of Lagos state.
Oluremi Tinubu is happily married to Bola Ahmed Tinubu. The couple are happily married with 3 children.
|OUR LADY OF APOSTLES SECONDARY SCHOOL IJEBU-Ode||WASSCE||1979|
|Adeyemi College of Education.||NCE (Botany/Zoology)||1982|
|THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN BIBLE COLLEGE||PGD||2010|
|University of Ife||B.S. in Biology Education||1985|
21 September 1960
Oluremi Tinubu became the First Lady of Lagos State when her husband, Bola Tinubu, was elected as governor.
In 2011, she contested for and won the Senatorial seat for Lagos Central under the Platform of Action Congress of Nigeria(ACN). Again in 2015, she contested and also won the seat for Lagos Central under the Platform of All Progressive Congress(APC)
Tinubu was one of the only six women who was elected into the Nigerian senate. The others were Stella Oduah and Uche Ekwunife, who both represent Anambra, Fatimat Raji Rasaki, Rose Okoji Oko and Binta Garba
Awards & Honours
- National award of the Officer of the Order of the Niger [OON]
- Member, Board of Trustees of Kings’ University, Ode-Omu; Ghana Noble International Award for Leadership (2004)
- Gambian Diamond Award for Immense Contribution to the Emancipation of People from Poverty (2005)
- As first lady, she established the New Era Foundation, dedicated to establishing centres for all round development of young ones and promote public awareness on environmental health and community service.
- Post-Secondary School Scholarship Scheme [PSSS]
- Provision of maintenance grants to alleviate the plight of the elderly (Elderly Citizen Assistance Scheme).
- Sponsorship of Youth Empowerment and Skills Acquisition Scheme (YESAS)
- Helped secure N377m funding from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund [TETFUND] for three institutions – Sir Michael Otedola College of Primary Education (N109m); Lagos State University (N108m), and Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education (N160m).
- Had a quarrel with Senator Dino Melaye.