Rose Okoji Oko was a University Lecturer, Public Servant and Former Senator representing the people of Cross River North Senatorial District.
She was a Member of the Federal House of Representatives from the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP), serving the people of Yala/Ogoja Federal Constituency in Nigeria’s 7th class of the National Assembly. She was elected into office as the first female representative from her constituency in June 2011 and sat as Deputy Chairman House Committee on Education.
Born 27 September 1956 to Agbo Ojeka from Opkoma; Yala LGA, Cross River State
|1.||First School Leaving Certificate||WTC Primary School Enugu||1977|
|2.||High School Certificate||Holychild Secondary School Ogoja||1974|
|3.||High School Certificate||Federal school of Arts & Science Ogoja||1975|
|4.||B.A.(Hons) Linguistics||University of Calabar, Cross River state.||1981|
|5.||Graduate Course in Linguistics||University of Wisconsin, Madison, USA||1963|
|6.||M.A. Linguistics||University of Calabar||1984|
|7.||Doctorate in Linguistics||The University of Port Harcourt in Rivers State||1990|
|8.||M.B.A.||The Management Institute of Canada||2007|
|1.||Tutor||National Youth Service, Edgerly Memorial Girls Secondary School, Calabar||1981|
|2.||Teacher,||St. Patricks College, Calabar||1982 -1983|
|3.||lecturer||Cross River School of Basic Studies Akampka||1984|
|4.||Assistant Lecturer||Department of Language and Linguistics||1984 – 1986|
|5.||Lecturer||Department of Language and Linguistics|
|6.||Commissioner for Education||Cross River State||1989 – 1991.|
|7.||Chairperson Better Life Programme||Cross River Chapter||1990 – 1991.|
|8.||Director General||National Defence & Security Council,||1993|
|9.||Director General,||Provisional Ruling Council||1993 – 1994|
|10.||Director||National Commission For Refugees Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons||1995-2002|
Agbokim Waterfalls, Etung Local Government Area of Cross River State
Cross River State
People's Democratic Party (PDP)
Member House Of Reps
Senator Cross River North Senatorial District.
- Deputy Chairman South, Board of Trustees, NDP 2002 – 2004.
- Senate candidate, Cross River State North Senatorial District under the NDP platform – Unsuccessful.
- Chairman of the board of trustees for the NDP party up until 2007.
- Gubernatorial candidate for Cross River State.
- Member National Assembly, Federal House of Representatives. Yala/Ogoja Federal Constituency.
- Vice-Chairman at Diaspora & Civil Societies Committee (Senate) from June 2015 to June 2019
- Vice-Chairman at Education (Basic & Secondary) Committee (Senate) from June 2015 to June 2019
- Senator at Senate from 2015 – 2020
- Federal Representative at House of Representatives from 2011 – 2015
- Vice-Chairman at Education (Basic & Secondary) Committee (Senate) until May 2015
- Committee Member at Public Accounts Committee (Reps) until May 2015
- Committee Member at Women Affairs & Social Development Committee (Reps) until May 2015
- Committee Member at Aviation Committee (Reps) until May 2015
- Committee Member at Army Committee (Reps) until May 2015
- Committee Member at Industry Committee (Senate) until May 2015
- Committee Member at Gas Resources Committee (Reps) until May 2015
Awards & Honours
– Award of Excellence on Achievements in Politics and Legacies in Leadership