Rt. Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu (FCA) is the Deputy Governor of Abia State. He was elected into office in 2015, under the People’s Democratic Party. He previously served as the Speaker of the 5th Abia State House of Assembly. Chukwu is a philanthropist, and by profession, an accountant.
He was born on the 1st January 1962, to a Catholic family, in Etitiama Nkporo, Ohafia local government area, Abia State. He is happily married to Lady Nnenna Vivien Ude Oko Chukwu and their marriage is blessed with children. Chukwu is a devout Roman Catholic Christian and a member of the Knighthood of St. Mulumba.
|Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State||Ph.D Accounting|
|University of Lagos, Lagos State||MS.c Accounting||1997|
|University of Lagos, Lagos State||BS.c (Hons) Accounting||1986-1991|
|Federal College of Education, Akoka, Lagos State||General Certificate of Education (GCE) in Accounting||1983-1986|
|Nkporo Secondary School, Nkporo, Abia State||Secondary School Leaving Certificate||1982|
|Ndi Elu Primary School, Nkporo, Abia State||First School Leaving Certificate||1970|
|Chukwu Ude Oko Chukwu and Co. (Chartered Accountants), Lagos State||Principal Partner||2001-2003|
|Eze George & Co. (Chartered Accountants), Lagos State||Trainee Partner||1997-2000|
|CONTECH Ventures Ltd, Lagos State||General Manager||1989-1996|
|SMACS Computers, Lagos State||Accountant||1988-1989|
Umuobiakwa village, Obingwa LGA, Abia State
October 18 1964
People’s Democratic Party
Deputy General Manager of Abia State Environmental Protection Agency (ASEPA)
Ude Oko Chukwu became an active politician in 2001. In 2003, he contested for the House of Assembly seat representing Ohafia North State Constituency. He won the elections and was also re-elected in 2007. As a member of the Abia State House of Assembly between 2003 and 2011, he presided over several House Committees, including
- House Committee on Intergovernmental Affairs
- House Committee on House Services
- House Committee on Anticorruption
- House Committee on Public Accounts
- House Committee on Public Utilities
- House Committee on Environment
In 2011, Ude Oko Chukwu was elected the Honorable Speaker of the 5th Abia State House of Assembly – a position he held till 2014. During this time, he served as the National Vice Chairman Conference of Speakers (South-East Zone).
Due to his success in the aforementioned offices, Rt. Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu was nominated by the People’s Democratic Party of Abia State, to be the running mate to Victor Okezie Ikpeazu in the 2015 Abia State elections. The duo emerged winners, making Chukwu the Deputy Governor of Abia State. They were also re-elected in 2019 to continue serving the state in their respective capacities.
He will be retiring from his current position as the Deputy Governor of Abia State in the 2023 election.
Awards & Honours
Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA) – 2000
- Built an ultra-modern civil hall for the people of Amelu Etiitiama Nkporo
- Construction and renovation of classroom blocks and ICT centres in various schools in Ohafia North State constituency
- Built and furnished an ultra-modern skills acquisition centre at Abiriba, for the training of youths in various skills and trades.
- Annual grading of roads in the Ohafia North constituency
- Sponsorship of free medical outreach programs for the people of Ohafia North constituency and environs – through the Rt. Hon. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu Health Foundation.
- Provision of various empowerment materials such as vehicles, motorcycles, computers, sewing machines, grinding machines, hairdressing kits, etc, to women and youths in Abia State
- Scholarship awards to university undergraduates of Ohafia North constituency, through the Rt. Hon. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu Education Foundation and Scholarship Scheme.